Hearing about tumor makes us think about a brain tumor, even though there are other kinds of cancerous tumors that are equally dangerous. One such tumor is called Thymus cancer that originates from the epithelial cells of the thymus and gets formed on the outer surface. If diagnosed on a timely basis, it can be removed surgically. Few people know about this cancer because it is a rare type of cancer and accounts for only 1 % of total cancers. The thymus is in that part of the chest which is called the mediastinum in biological terminology. It is the space in the chest between the lungs that contains the esophagus, the heart, part of the aorta, part of the trachea, and many lymph nodes.
Free Sample Copy Available Here!! https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/1550
Market Research Future (MRFR) has published a research report that foretells limited growth for the global thymus cancer market by 2024. This report features the analysis of market structure, analysis of market structure, and analyzes the strategies and profiles of key players in the market.
The global thymus cancer market has been segmented on the basis of care centers, treatment, types, and lastly region. On the basis of care centers, this market has been segmented into clinics, diagnostic centers, hospitals, research laboratories and others. Based on treatment, the market has been segmented into chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, and others. Chemotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses one or more anti-cancer drugs as part of a standardized regimen. Also known as radiation therapy, radiotherapy is a therapy that uses ionizing radiation. Generally, ionizing radiation is used as part of cancer treatment to control or kill malignant cells. Treatment is usually delivered by a linear accelerator. By types, the global thymus cancer market has been segmented into type A, type AB, type B1, type B2, type B3 and thymic carcinoma (type C). The thymus is made from different types of cells, and the types of thymus cancer damage the cells differently.
The regional segmentation of the global thymus cancer market comprises of regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the rest of the world (RoW). Among these regional market, North America is the largest market due to most advanced medical facilities and treatment being available in this region. In this region, the cream of revenue comes from the United States of America and Canada. After North America, the second largest regional market is Europe. As medical facilities and treatment in Western Europe are more advanced compared to those in Eastern Europe, the countries driving the European market are France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom (UK), followed by rest of Europe.
During the forecast period, Asia Pacific region is expected to grow significantly. In this region, due to the high density of population and the growing awareness about various kinds of cancer, demand for better medical facilities regarding all kinds of cancer including thymus cancer, there is huge scope for market growth in this region. Biggest markets in this market comprise of China, India, Japan and South Korea, followed by the rest of the Asia Pacific region. Although RoW segment includes the whole world, the primary market in this segment comprises of Africa and the Middle East. Due to lack of advanced medical facilities, limited education, and political instability, the market is small in this segment.
The key players the global thymus cancer market include Amgen Inc (USA), Astellas Pharma Inc (Japan), Astrazeneca (UK), Bristol-Myers Squibb (USA), Celgene Corporation (USA), Cellceutix Corporation (USA), Eli Lilly and Company (USA), Johnson & Johnson (USA), Merck & Co. Inc. (USA), Novartis AG (USA), Onxeo SA (France), Pfizer Inc (USA), Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co. Ltd. (Japan), Taiwan Liposome Company Ltd. (Taiwan), Takeda pharmaceutical company (Japan), Tiziana Life Sciences PLC (UK).
Latest Industry News
- Lili Yang, a researcher from the University of California (UCLA), has been awarded the US $1.4 mn to develop further, a stem cell-based cancer treatment that can treat various kinds of cancers including thymus cancer. After genetically modifying the stem cells from healthy donors, Yang’s new method places them in an artificial thymic organoid. The organoid replicates the functions of the thymus and helps convert blood-forming stem cells into immune cells. 23 JUL 2018
- Following the transitioning of a T-cell therapy program, Adaptimmune received a $27.5 mn payment from GlaxoSmithKline. Adaptimmune’s NY-ESO SPEAR T-cell therapy technology boosts the ability of a person’s immune system to recognize and destroy cancer cells. SPEAR stands for specific peptide enhanced affinity receptor T-cells. T-cells are subtypes of white blood cells that develop in the thymus gland. They are responsible for a variety of immune system responses. 24 JUL 2018
About Market Research Future:
- At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
- MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.
- In order to stay updated with technology and work process of the industry, MRFR often plans & conducts meet with the industry experts and industrial visits for its research analyst members.
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.
In order to stay updated with technology and work process of the industry, MRFR often plans & conducts meet with the industry experts and industrial visits for its research analyst members.
Market Research Future
+1 646 845 9312
Email: [email protected]