Super grid refers to the technology used to distribute high volume electricity over long distances. Super grids are also known as “mega grids” or “smart grids”. Promoting high energy consumption infrastructure and increasing the use of renewable energy sources with the integration of conventional grid scale technology are among the major driving forces for the super network.
The growth of the supernet market is hampered by the cost of raw material costs – especially in developing economies, and long-term commercialization licensing procedures that have increased competition among market players. However, these issues can be resolved soon, as a number of private and governmental authorities are increasingly adopting super-network technologies to expand their transmission and distribution infrastructure.
Major players in the super grids market are Alstom Grid, Schneider Electric SA, Siemens AG, Alcan Cable, China Electric Power Equipment and Technology Co., Ltd. (CET), KEI Industries Limited (KEI), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), US Superconducting Corporation (AMSC) and AZZ Incorporated. Launched in 2010, Alstom Grid’s Voltage Source Converter (VSC) is a type of HVDC MaxSineTM super network that offers multiple environmental benefits (such as a reduced carbon footprint) that make this system ideal for urban and suburban areas.
The global super grids market is segmented based on geography into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Beside this the global super grid market would be mainly dominated by China, India, the United States and major European countries and these countries would maintain their dominance through 2020. Additionally, developing regions such as Latin America, Middle East and Africa would exhibit exponential growth during the forecast period.
- In-depth coverage of the global super grid market including drivers, restraints and opportunities would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the global super grid market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global super grid market and would assist market strategists in their decision making process.
- Government regulations and guidelines are critically examined in the report according to region
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the global super grid market
About Allied Market Research
Allied Market Research, a market research and advisory company of Allied Analytics LLP, provides business insights and market research reports to large as well as small & medium enterprises. The company assists its clients to strategize business policies and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.
Allied Market Research provides one stop solution from the beginning of data collection to investment advice. The analysts at Allied Market Research dig out factors that help clients to understand the significance and impact of market dynamics. The company amplies client’s insight on the factors, such as strategies, future estimations, growth or fall forecasting, opportunity analysis, and consumer surveys among others. As follows, the company offers consistent business intelligent support to aid the clients to turn into prominent business firm.
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
#205, Portland, OR 97220
Toll Free (USA/Canada):
+1-800-792-5285, +1-503-894-6022, +1-503-446-1141
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060