CSF diversion devices or shunts have been used successfully and have become the primary therapy for hydrocephalus treatment for nearly 60 years.
An implanted shunt diverts CSF from the ventricles within the brain or the subarachnoid spaces around the brain and spinal cord to another body region where it will be absorbed.
Shunts typically consist of three major components:
An inflow (proximal or closer to the inflow site) catheter, which drains CSF from the ventricles or the subarachnoid space; this tube leaves the brain through a small hole in the skull and then runs for a short distance under the skin.
A valve mechanism, which regulates differential pressure or controls flow through the shunt tubing; this device is connected to the proximal catheter and lies between the skin and the skull, usually on top of the head or just behind the ear.
An outflow (distal or farther away from the inflow site) catheter, which runs under the skin and directs CSF from the valve to the abdominal (or peritoneal) cavity, heart or other suitable drainage site
Other shunt components may include reservoirs and/or chambers for CSF sampling or injecting medications or dyes, on/off devices, anti-siphon or other flow-compensating devices, or auxiliary catheters to modify performance or adapt the basic system to the patient’s specialized needs. In selected cases (such as when cysts or subarachnoid fluid collections are drained), a shunt may not contain a valve or a very low resistance valve may be used.
www.marketresearchnest.com provides an Exclusive Research on Hydrocephalus Shunts Market for the forecasted period of 2019-2024. The report has covered the significant aspects that are contributing the growth of Hydrocephalus Shunts Market. The primary objective of this report is to highlight the various key market segments such as drivers, trends and restraints that are impacting on Hydrocephalus Shunts Market.
Inquire for buying a sample copy of Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Report 2019 @
Scope of the Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Report:-
- Puerto Rico is the largest supplier of Hydrocephalus Shunts, with a production market share nearly 42.88%. Massachusetts is the second largest supplier of Hydrocephalus Shunts, enjoying production market share nearly 36.49%.
- South is the largest consumption place, with a consumption market share nearly 37.61%. Following South region west is the second largest consumption place with the consumption market share of 23.55%.
- Market competition is intense. Medtronic, Johnson and Johnson, Integra LifeSciences are the leaders of in the USA industry, and they hold key technologies and patents, with high-end customers, have been formed in the monopoly position in the industry.
- The worldwide market for Hydrocephalus Shunts is expected to grow at a CAGR of roughly 9.3% over the next five years, will reach 120 million US$ in 2024, from 72 million US$ in 2019, according to a new GIR (Global Info Research) study.
- This report focuses on the Hydrocephalus Shunts in global market, especially in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa. This report categorizes the market based on manufacturers, regions, type and application.
Inquire for discount on sample copy of Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Report 2019 @
Market Segment by Manufacturers, this report covers:
- Johnson and Johnson
- Integra LifeSciences
Market Segment by Type, covers:
- Adjustable Valves
- Monopressure Valves
Market Segment by Applications, can be divided into:
Browse the full summary and TOC of Hydrocephalus Shunts Market @
Market Segment by Regions, regional analysis covers:
- North America (United States, Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, UK, Russia and Italy)
- Asia-Pacific (Global, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia etc.)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa)
The content of the study subjects, includes a total of 15 chapters:
- Chapter 1, to describe Hydrocephalus Shunts product scope, market overview, market opportunities, market driving force and market risks.
- Chapter 2, to profile the top manufacturers of Hydrocephalus Shunts, with price, sales, revenue and global market share of Hydrocephalus Shunts in 2017 and 2018.
- Chapter 3, the Hydrocephalus Shunts competitive situation, sales, revenue and global market share of top manufacturers are analyzed emphatically by landscape contrast.
- Chapter 4, the Hydrocephalus Shunts breakdown data are shown at the regional level, to show the sales, revenue and growth by regions, from 2014 to 2019.
- Chapter 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, to break the sales data at the country level, with sales, revenue and market share for key countries in the world, from 2014 to 2019.
- Chapter 10 and 11, to segment the sales by type and application, with sales market share and growth rate by type, application, from 2014 to 2019.
- Chapter 12, Hydrocephalus Shunts market forecast, by regions, type and application, with sales and revenue, from 2019 to 2024.
- Chapter 13, 14 and 15, to describe Hydrocephalus Shunts sales channel, distributors, customers, research findings and conclusion, appendix and data source.
Request a sample copy of Hydrocephalus Shunts Market @
Table of Contents:
- Market Overview
- Manufacturers Profiles
- Global Hydrocephalus Shunts Sales, Revenue, Market Share and Competition by Manufacturer (2017-2018)
- Global Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Analysis by Regions
- North America Hydrocephalus Shunts by Country
- Europe Hydrocephalus Shunts by Country
- Asia-Pacific Hydrocephalus Shunts by Country
- South America Hydrocephalus Shunts by Country
- Middle East and Africa Hydrocephalus Shunts by Countries
- Global Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Segment by Type
- Global Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Segment by Application
- Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Forecast (2019-2024)
- Sales Channel, Distributors, Traders and Dealers
- Research Findings and Conclusion
…. Table of Contents Continued
About us: – MarketResearchNest.com is the most comprehensive collection of market research products and services on the Web. We offer reports from almost all top publishers and update our collection on daily basis to provide you with instant online access to the Global and Southeast Asia’s most complete and recent database of expert insights on industries, organizations, products, and trends.
Contact us: – Mr. Jeet Jain, Sales Manager, [email protected] ;