Rising demand from end users, and increasing awareness among consumers regarding healthy eating and health benefits of omega-3 are the key drivers of the global omega-3 market. The industry is constituted by ω-3 fatty acids market and n-3 fatty acids market segments which contribute significantly to the omega 3 fatty acids market size.
omega-3 supplements such as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and DHA reduces the risk of prostrate, colon, and breast cancer. An adequate amount of EPA decreases risk of depression and related health problems. The regulatory barrier limiting the consumption of omega-3 over certain range may restrain the market growth in the near future.
Pharmaceutical is expected to grow (in terms of revenue) at CAGR of 18% from 2016 to 2022. The consumption of omega-3 (in terms of volume) in pharmaceutical and infant formula is estimated to increase at a higher CAGR of 18.8% and 16.3%, respectively, during the forecast period.
Fish and krill oils are two major marine sources for omega-3 fatty acid. Fish oil is applicable in aquaculture and nutraceuticals. Algal oil is one of the important sources of omega-3 fatty acid ingredients. Algal oil is the major alternative for production of omega-3; however, its relatively high price restricts its anticipated market penetration into the food and dietary supplement.
The omega-3 market for infant formula witnesses high growth rate, in the packaged food category, due to developments in Asia (particularly China), East Europe markets, and in some parts of Middle East and Latin America. Increase in the global omega-3 production and rise in its demand are the major reasons for the higher growth rate in countries such as Mexico, The Netherlands, Poland, India, and Brazil.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global omega-3 market size, omega-3 fatty acids market size, and future estimations, in terms of both value and volume, from 2016 to 2022, including information about the current market situation, changing market dynamics, expected omega-3 market trends, and market intelligence.
- The factors that drive and impede the growth of the global omega-3 market size are comprehensively analyzed in this study.
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of leading companies for effective strategy formulation.
- The report contains a comprehensive study of the key strategies adopted by companies to gain traction in the market.
- Micro-level analysis is conducted based on type, source, application, and region.
- The report thoroughly analyzes various types and applications of omega-3 at country level.
OMEGA 3 MARKET SEGMENTS:
Market, By Type:
- ALA (alpha-linolenic acid)
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
Market, By Source:
- Fish Oil & Krill Oil
- Algal Oil
- Nuts and Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Others (Hazelnuts, Chia Seeds, Tahini)
- Vegetable Oils
- Soybean Oil
- Canola Oil
- Others (Olive Oil, Flaxseed Oil)
- Soya and Soya Products
- Soya Milk
- Bean Curd
Market By, Application:
- Dietary Supplement
- Infant Formula
- Food & Beverage
- Pet Food
- Fish Feed
For More Information Connect with our industry [email protected] https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/1680?utm_source=SP&utm_medium=Pra
Global Key Players:
The prominent players profiled in this report include Cargill, Incorporated, FMC Corporation, Croda International Plc, Royal DSM, OLVEA Fish Oils, Omega Protein Corporation, GC Rieber Oils, Luhua Biomarine (Shandong) Co., Ltd., Pharma Marine AS, and Polaris.
About Allied Market Research
Allied Market Research, a market research and advisory company of Allied Analytics LLP, provides business insights and market research reports to large as well as small & medium enterprises. The company assists its clients to strategize business policies and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.
Allied Market Research provides one stop solution from the beginning of data collection to investment advice. The analysts at Allied Market Research dig out factors that help clients to understand the significance and impact of market dynamics. The company amplies client’s insight on the factors, such as strategies, future estimations, growth or fall forecasting, opportunity analysis, and consumer surveys among others. As follows, the company offers consistent business intelligent support to aid the clients to turn into prominent business firm.
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
#205, Portland, OR 97220
Toll Free (USA/Canada):
+1-800-792-5285, +1-503-894-6022, +1-503-446-1141
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060